Thursday, September 08, 2005

Yesterday was sort of eventful. I of course jinxed myself by talking about my great bike ride in the morning. When I left the office at 5:00, I noticed that my rear tire was nearly flat. Luckily, a coworker had an air compressor in her car, so I filled up the tire as full as I thought was safe and rode home as quickly as possible. The tire was halfway deflated by the time I made it home. Looks like a trip to G.I. Joe's is in my near future. Boooooo.

I've decided to replace my snowshoe hobby (come on, it's been like 5 years since I picked it up!) with a new hobby...backcountry skiing. Basically, backcountry skis are beefy cross-country skis. I'll hopefully be able to carve a few turns on easy downhill sections. Convincing my wife of the validity of my new passion only required a short negotiation process. I hope to capitalize on a few pre-season sales to get a good deal on the necessary new gear.

2 comments:

Peaby said...

I'll be booooooing too! When you leave me in the dust on your hippity hop skiis, while I'm trudging along in my snowshoes.

eets said...

I will not be buying x-co ski's! You'll be jealous when I'm in my sweat-drenched but amazing bod shape from hiking in on my snow shoes assumption-flexing all the way while you and your gentle figure glided in.