Tuesday, September 06, 2005

As usual, we had a pretty busy weekend. I never come back to work feeling as rested as I should.

On Saturday, we went roller-blading with Mike & Becky. Good times and we all walked away raspberry-free. Had an awesome breakfast at a new cafe in Beaverton with "Bear" in the name. Chicken-fried steak is perfect, because not only is it deep fried, it's also completely smothered with gravy. After we ate, we bought a new washer & DRYER (emphasis added for Stephanie's benefit) at Sears. It will be delivered on Saturday. When I got back from a run on Saturday evening, Steph had this crazy look in her eye and she informed me that we were going to paint the downstairs bathroom. That night. So off to Home Depot we went. It was a little before midnight when we had finally finished with the second coat. It looks quite nice if I do say so myself.

We went to the coast on Sunday and it was beautiful. Blue skies and warm. Maddie made a bunch of new friends and when we got back home she was exhausted. It's true what they say...A tired dog is a good dog.

Yesterday, Mike and I did a 20-mile hike/run on the Timberline Trail. We started at T-Line Lodge and headed east as far as Lamberson Butte. After a lunch break at the Butte, we headed back to the Lodge, for a 6 hour round trip. We saw lots of people on the trail, presumably finishing the loop on the last day of the holiday weekend. Mike and I intend to do the complete loop in a day, probably later this month. After yesterday I continue to believe it's possible, but I now have a better understanding of just how challenging a 40-mile day can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like my dryer. Mike and Jim are ca-razee!