Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hello. I went golfing last night with Jason Schwanz (Schwartz), Grant Christy (sometimes we just call him "Christy" or "Chris"), and Mike. We went to the new course in Newberg. Good times had by all. It's amazing to see how much Newberg is growing. There are some nice houses being built around the golf course (imagine that!), but they are all a little bit too cookie-cutter for me. It seems that all new houses can only be painted in dark green, dark red, or mustard and they all must have fake stonework around the entryway.

I need to say "hello" to my mom, who recently found a way to access this blog. My parent's silly computer apparently is part of a conspiracy to keep hard-working Americans out of the blogspot.com world. But, as always, she overcame those who would stand in her way! My dad gets back on Saturday night from a 3-week trip to Romania. He visits a dental clinic in Romania about once a year, performing basic dental work and making people's smiles brighter. As the good hymnal book says, "Crown Him With Many Crowns." More info on my parents will follow...

In the meantime, here is a picture taken from the window of the old fire lookout tower on Three Fingers (in Washington state), with Glacier Peak in the distance. Definitely a great trip. You should go there.

2 comments:

eets said...

Mike told me about changing your picture to the German/Russian cyclist picture (not sure what else to call it since you look tough, harsh, in shape and "pretty" at the same time).

Anyway, I saw there was some post from a weird user id and was guessing it's one of those automated things trying to get you snared in "yuckness". Mike showed me how to make it so only people can post...ask him how.

Later-ET

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, Jim. =P