Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hi. I don't really have a whole lot to say this morning, so I thought I'd just post a picture of myself...



Okay, that's not really me, but if you squint really hard while you look at the picture, it kind of looks like me, right? Right?

My run home was good. I was certainly fatigued, but never to the point of exhaustion. I attempted to not take walk breaks as it seemed my muscles would start to stiffen up quickly. Instead, I just slowed down my jogging pace and kept the forward momentum going. Maybe I'll run to work once a week (at least until Mike & I complete the Timberline Trail loop).

Here are some lyrics to a song that I've been trying to get Stephanie to sing in church...They were inspirational to me yesterday and might have encouraged my first-ever "runner's high."

You were there, You were there
During history's darkest hour
You were there, You were there always

You were the Victor and the King
You were the power in David's swing
You were the calm in Abraham
You are the God who understands
You are the strength when we have none
You are the living, Holy one
You were, You are and You will always be
the Risen Lamb of God

You Were There, Avalon

2 comments:

Peaby said...

Very nice, Dean...errr...Jim.

I'm sorry I called you a jerk.

eets said...

Excellent song choice. I love that one.

-ET