Monday, September 26, 2005

Admittedly, it's hard to post anything to this blog that compares with the pictures of Baby T. So, maybe after my ramblings I'll add another picture of Carson so you go away with warm and fuzzy feelings.

I went for a run on the Wildwood Trail on Saturday morning. 15 miles of pure heaven. I saw a number of other trail-runners and everyone looked to be having a good time.

The great thing about running is the natural rhythm of movement. It doesn't require a great deal of concentration. Your brain is allowed to focus on those things that require thoughtful reflection...

As usual, I was listening to my eclectic mix of tunes on my MP3 player and every once in a while a powerful praise song would make its way into the rotation. I could literally feel a burst of energy as I sang along, often with a hand outstretched heavenward. I was thinking to myself as I sang, "Huh. I don't ever do this in church." But then I realized that God probably isn't that particular about how and where we choose to worship Him. I feel an intense closeness to God when I am outside enjoying His creation, so why not sing His praises when I'm on a trail run? So, if you should happen to see a tall guy running down a trail with a smile on his face and singing out of tune, it's probably me, simply engaging in some unconventional praise & worship.

As promised, another picture of Carson (this time having his temperature taken)...

No comments: