Monday, September 12, 2005

Good morning! I had another great weekend. The only downside was having to work for about 6 hours on Saturday. Luckily, the project went very smoothly and we finished by the deadline.

Our new washer and dryer were delivered on Saturday and they are quite fancy. Apparently the dryer can handle something like 20 towels at once, so next time the US Swim Team comes for a sleepover, we will totally be prepared.

We went to church on Sunday morning (Steph's singing was pretty) and I went golfing with Mike & Trent on Sunday afternoon. Mike had one of his best days ever and I hit a couple of decent shots, also. Trent looked really nice.

I ran to work this morning. It was definitely challenging, but also invigorating. It took me 1 hour & 10 minutes door-to-door. I won't be running that fast on the way home. (I use the term "fast" loosely, as averaging 8:00+ minute miles generally doesn't fit in the "fast" category.) I feel as though I've earned the 520 calories of danish that I'm currently inhaling.

4 comments:

Peaby said...

Word...nicely done. I feel like your running should inspire me...somehow it just makes me mad at you.

hmmm???

Anonymous said...

So Aj (and Judah) and I were over at Bridgeport Yuppy Mall tonight, and on our drive home I was like, "Hey, that was Jim running. I wonder if he ran to work today?"
"Nah, he couldn't have run to work."
"He had a backpack on, perhaps with a change of clothes in it."
Then I come home to find that you did run to work. How weird is that.

eets said...

you are the man. Running to/from work. You know, there's a 50 miler at Champoeg park on 11/5. It's a qualifier for WS.......

Aj Schwanz said...

I believe my comment was, "Jim wouldn't be *crazy* enough to run to work."

And then as we kept driving further and further to Sherwood, farther and farther from Jim, I said, "Yeah, Jim's crazy."