Monday, October 10, 2005

Steph and I took a long weekend and went to visit my parents in Lynden, WA. We had a great time and our itinerary went something like this...Wake up, eat, talk, eat, talk, walk, eat, play cards, talk, go to bed, repeat. Could a weekend get any better than that?

My mom grew up on a dairy farm in Lynden and my parents live in a beautiful house on the border of town. This is the view out their back window...



I've been lucky enough to see a lot of beautiful places in my life and you can't beat Lynden on a clear day. There is something idyllic about the red barns against the green pastures with the rugged mountains in the background. The view is even beautiful enough to make you forget about the ever-present sweet smell of cow manure in the air.

My mom is a great cook and we took full advantage of her kitchen skills during our short visit...



She also serenaded us on their new baby grand piano...



My dad keeps himself busy with his wood-working hobby. He's added a number of pieces of furniture to the house and they are all good-looking and functional...


All pictures taken by JEM.

1 comment:

eets said...

Sounds really relaxing...can I go visit your parents? They won't mind cooking and cleaning for me right?