Monday, October 03, 2005

Remember that time we ran 25 miles down the Oregon Coast? That was awesome.

Mike, Eric, and I had a great time on our jog from Seaside to Oswald West State Park. The weather cooperated for most of the day and the only time that it really rained hard was during the 1/4 mile stretch on Highway 101. I bet everybody who drove by thought, "Those are the toughest guys I've ever seen in my entire life," or alternatively, "Those are the stupidest guys I've ever seen in my entire life."

It was great to have the girls along and they were the best support crew we could have asked for. Steph and Becky did a little cheer for me and Mike, which was very nice even though I ended up with a bit of sand in my cup-o-soup from a wild leg-flailing kick maneuver.

Eric is much faster than me and Mike. I think I actually heard an audible "zoom" as he ran by.

And as a final note, it is possible to roll-start a late model XTerra by popping the clutch in the unfortunate event that your battery dies because the lights were left on in the parking lot.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oops.

Steph said...

As a final, final note...
when you see boys in wetsuits, turn your head away from them as fast as possible and don't look back for fear you may see too much...