Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hollywood...Sherwood. Have you ever noticed how much these two names have in common?

I'm pretty sure that I ran through a movie set last night. Here are the reasons why I arrived at this conclusion...

1) A number of trucks and RVs were parked along the road, all having California plates.

2) The afore-mentioned trucks and RVs had the name of a production company with "Hollywood, CA" painted on the doors.

3) A number of people with strange haircuts were milling around in a front yard.

4) One of these people was a man wearing a headset and barking orders to someone less important than himself.

5) A large area light was sitting in the driveway of the house.

6) When I ran down the sidewalk in front of the house, the man with the headset shot me a look that said "Who do you think you are?" and "What do you think you are doing on my set?" and "Don't you know that people with headsets are better than you?" all at the same time. I was listening to music on my MP3 player as all this was unfolding, so I just put my arms up in the air, as if to ask "What do you want me to do?" while I continued running down the sidewalk in front of the house. When the man realized that I was unimpressed with his headset and haircut, he just waved me through and I went about my way.

Let me just say that I'm glad I live in Sherwood and I was happy to realize that people with headsets and odd haircuts stick out like a sore thumb in my town. But, if by some chance the guy with the headset is reading this blog and wants to cast me in major blockbuster, I would love to move to Hollywood and pursue a career in acting. As Groucho Marx said, "Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."

4 comments:

Peaby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peaby said...

Brilliant! A must-see thriller! Jim Marr does not disappoint!

Steph said...

Jim, an actor??? Riiight.

Slambert said...

Jim, an actor? No problem, especially a high budget blockbuster.

"...Looking at that a$$ make me want to do something tonight!" ;o)

For those that don't understand the above comment, just ignore it.