Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I believe I will call this summer the "Season of Completed Endeavors." On my run last night, I was thinking about all of the fun trips I've taken and all of the long-overdue home improvements that are nearly complete. And to top it off, I finally completed the Ethics Exam and the only thing stopping me from becoming a CPA is the paperwork being lost in the mail.

Ever since I lived in Seattle and saw a picture of the Three Fingers Lookout in a book at Barnes & Noble I was anxious to go there. And this summer I did.

Ever since Eric and I did a loop hike in the Wallowas, I wanted to go back and spend more time relaxing at Moccasin Lake and peak Eagle Cap. And this summer I did.

Ever since I heard Eric and Mike tell their stories about climbing Middle Sister, I wanted to see the view from the top. And this summer I did.

Ever since I looked out my back window and saw nothing but ugly brown barkdust, I wanted to get a sod lawn installed. And this summer I did.

Ever since I realized that I could push over our fence with my pinky finger, I wanted to get the fence replaced. And this summer I did.

Ever since I sat in a large building in the Oregon State Fairgrounds for my first CPA exam (in 1999), I wanted to pass the test and become a CPA. And this summer I did.

I can't say that I ever had a desire to become a runner, but because this is the summer that all things come to completion, I did that, too.

And it looks like it will continue for the rest of the year. Stephanie and I have always talked about going to the Northeast and we're finally taking the trip in November.

I am satisfied. I haven't experienced that feeling very often in my life.

And it must be time for me to set some new goals...

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh no.

eets said...

You're the man! The reason you could push down the fence with your pinky is due to your awesome might!

Ever since I saw Jim Marr's amazing strength I wanted to be his friend...and I am.

eets said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is my first experience with anything blogging. Steph directed me. I must say I continue to be impressed at all the things you set out to do, and then follow through to completion. I'm also very impressed that you're ready to attack something new. But I'm especially grateful you are our daughter's husband...